Why Should My Child Be in Band/Orchestra?
Enrolling your child in our band or orchestra class is going to greatly benefit their experience in middle school!
- Many studies have been performed on students who participate in music classes. 65% of those with a high school education participated in a music program.
- 83% of people earning $150,000 or more per year participated in school music programs.
- Music also is a great stress alleviator, reducing levels of depression and anxiety, which is especially important for teens.
- Playing music uses both sides of the brain. Musicians tend to do better in school!
- Your child will learn how to work as a team.
- Your child will learn discipline, responsibility, dedication, perseverance, just to name a few.
- Your child will make friends quickly! Our band and orchestra at Granada is a family!
- Your child will feel good to know that the hard work they put into learning an instrument will pay off. There is a sense of accomplishment, especially at the concerts.
- Colleges offer scholarships to students who perform auditions when entering college!